Professional Commercial Truck Driver and/or Loader Operator
Date Posted: 11/20/2018
3665 57th St. SE
Delano, MN 55328
Employment Type: FULL_TIMEFull Time
Drive tractor trailer combination safely and efficiently while making deliveries and pickups across the U.S. and Canada. If applicable, operate loader safely and efficiently.
Credentials and Experience:
- Commercial Driver License Class A with airbrakes endorsement.
- Medical Certificate that meets Federal Motor Carrier Regulations.
- Verifiable tractor trailer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect tractor, trailer, and other equipment (loader, bunks) necessary for safe operation both before (pre-trip) and after (post-trip).
- Report all defects to dispatch.
- Operate vehicle professionally, efficiently, and most importantly, safely.
- Follow and understand all safety regulations that concern commodity being hauled, especially oversize regulations and tie down regulations.
- Immediately report all accidents, regardless of how minor.
- Perform work duties thoroughly, safely, and in a professional manner.
- Call dispatcher when loaded and empty. If neither occurs during work day call dispatcher between 1 and 3 p.m. to report progress.
- Understand your personal limits and be physically able to perform job.
- Follow company policies and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Report to Safety Director all tickets, citations, and inspections that are incurred (even those incurred in your personal vehicle).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate tractor trailer of varying size; safely and efficiently.
- Mechanical ability (be able to fix malfunctions: lights, hydraulic hoses, etc.).
- Physical abilities required: climbing, lifting, and pulling.
- Loader operators must understand capacities of loaders and how to work safely around power lines.
- Understand safety regulations and other standards that are necessary to operate a commercial vehicle safely.
- Work with customers, being both courteous and efficient.
- Be gone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently.
- Ability to handle unexpected problems and to manage these issues professionally.
- Ability to organize work day, log book, bills of lading, truck tickets, and receipts.